On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 01:55:40PM -0400, John Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013  Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I do remember a conversation you had with Bruno about 5 years ago when
> > you were discussing what a man in Helsinki would experience when undergoing
> > the duplicator experiment.
> >

> Yes.
>
> > I seem to recall you thought the man would experience being in both
> > places at once,
>

> No, that is NOT what I said! I said that if Russell Standish were
> duplicated then Russell Standish would be in Moscow and Washington. I also
> said the vague and sloppy use of words like "you"and  "he" and "I" and "the
> man" is at the root of Bruno's intense confusion, and apparently yours as
> well.

If that is not what you said, what do you think that man would
experience?

a) Nothing
b) being in Moscow xor being in Washington
c) being in Moscow and Washington
d) being in neither Moscow nor Washington

Logically, these four possibilities exhaust the situation. Only b) is
compatible with COMP.

>  > which does violence to the notion of "survival after copying" assumption
> > of COMP.
> >

> Bullshit.

Which is bullshit? That you subscribed to option c) above (I did
qualify that claim with an "I seem to recall"), or that option c) is
contra COMP?