On 10/22/2013 9:52 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 10/22/2013 1:09 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

        If it's simply a set of experiences, then it can't "choose to simulate"
anything.

    The mind has the tools available to generate any experience it wants,
somewhat like
    a lucid dream but one where you exercise complete control over everything
in that
    dream and thus can steer it wherever you want it to go.

    Again that falls into inconsistency.  WHO is exercising complete control??

I don't see what you find inconsistent about controlling our future experiences. You decide to get make cup of coffee in the morning, and a few experiences later you are drinking a cup of coffee. A super-intelligent machine with access to the appropriate technology is just putting into practice self-determination to the extreme.

    If a person is a sequence of exepriences, there is no "who".

Why isn't there a who? Isn't the who the person?

I'd say the brain - but that's because I don't believe a person is nothing but a sequence of experiences.