On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

 >> probability implies prediction and prediction has nothing to do with a
>> sense of self, and that is what Bruno's "proof" is all about.
>>

> > Absolutely not.

Absolutely not what? Absolutely not that probability implies prediction or
that prediction has nothing to do with a sense of self or that your "proof"
is about investigating the nature of self?

> > That is no more than what you need to say "yes" to a comp doctor.

I would say yes to the "comp" doctor because I would survive to tomorrow if
I did,  provided that "I" means something that remembers being John Clark
today. And if the personal pronoun "I" means something other than that in
your language then John Clark does not care if that fellow by the name of
"I" survives or not. And neither probabilities nor the accuracy of
predictions of what city will be seen nor the content of diaries would play
any part in my decision to say "yes".  None whatsoever.

  John K Clark