On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> So "you" sees both Moscow AND Washington.
>

> No, anyone of the two see only one city.

So what is the one and only one city that the 2 you see.

> > "you" are both of them,

Yes,

but both see only one city.

Yes, and if both are "you" and both see a different city the obviously
"you" see both cities.

> > You persist in forgetting the distinction between the 3-1 view,

And you persist if forgetting that unless Solipsism turns out to be true
EVERYBODY has "the 1 view" so just mindlessly chanting "the 1 view" means
nothing unless specified who's "the 1 view"

> A different diary?? Both the Washington Man and the Helsinki Man remember
>> writing the exact same identical diary and the last line says " I Quentin
>> Anciaux in Helsinki am now walking into the duplication chamber, and now I
>> see the operator starting to push the on butto....".
>> So it's true that "you" wrote the diary, but which one is "you"?
>>

> Both.

Yes. Bruno, you're a expert on logic so given the above tell me, how many
cities did "you" see? And please don't start blabing about "the 1-view"
unless it's clear who's 1-view.

> We have agreed on this,

We agreed on this when Bruno Marchal said " "you" concerns the guy(s) who
will remember having been in Helsinki"; but that didn't last long then
"you" sees both cities and you insist "you" doesn't. So now I don't know
what in hell "you" means when Bruno Marchal uses that weasel pronoun.

> > John, do you agree that if we promise you to give a cup of coffee in
> both W and M, you can predict in Helsinki that P("I ill drink coffee) = 1. ?

Yes. But if we promise "you" to give a cup of coffee to W and a cup of tea
to M, and it's predicted in Helsinki that the probability "I" will drink
coffee is 1 then after it was all over  there would be no way to determine
if the prediction was correct or not with Bruno Marchal's inconsistent
meanings of pronouns like "I" and "you".  If we keep the old very good and
clear definition,  "you" concerns the guy(s) who will remember having been
in Helsinki"  then it would be easy to tell if the prediction was correct
or not,  but  Bruno Marchal must backpedal away from that or all the other
ideas will fall apart.

> You seem to ignore that the first person events

Who's first person events? And please, no pronouns.

> "seeing W" and "seeing M" are incompatible.

Explain why that is incompatible. Although I can't prove solipsism is wrong
I believe lots of people see W and lots of people see M. And they see it
from their first person view.

> At no moment will one person ever say "I see both city"

Yes. Explain why that is incompatible with "you will see both cities".

> unless they talk about the first person view in a third person
> description,

I have no idea what that even means.

  John K Clark