Below, I'm paraphrasing from memory a couple of passages:
On the subject of the persecution of the 'Bani Israel' Children of Israel by
Pharoah, such that the male children were being killed and females kept alive,
It reads that it was a great trial from God.
At another place, it reads that know that whatever happens to you, good or bad,
it is all inscribed  in a decree before we bring it into existence. This is so
that you do not despair of whatever passes you by, nor exult over ...
There is a lot going on all over the world that one would like to wish away,
but it helps to understand that all things / events / circumstances are trials,
temporary and transient. In this life, nothing is a reward or punishment,
rather everything is a trial, and an opportunity to do good deeds through
helping those in need. Reward and Punishment are concepts associated with the
Hereafter, and are of a permanent nature.
No, he didn't say "Oops!", God exhorts us to reflect and ponder!

Samiya

Sent from my iPhone