On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>>> One told me: I see in my diary that I predicted (in Helsinki) that I
>>> would be at both places, but I see now that this was wrong
>>>

>  >> I predicted? In such a situation that would only be a half truth, it
>> would be much more accurate to say the Helsinki man predicted or Bruno
>> Marchal predicted. A pronoun has raised its ugly head yet again.
>>

> > Because you have already agreed that both copy are instantiation of the
> Helsinki person.

So the Moscow man's assertion that he sees Moscow and only Moscow is only
half the information needed to invalidate the prediction that the Helsinki
Man would see both Moscow and Washington; not that I can see what
prediction has to do with personal identity

>> that's the difference between "comp" and  "computationalism", and that
>> is why you insist on using your homemade silly little word rather than the
>> standard term.
>>

> > For the billionth time: it is sum up by Church thesis + "yes doctor",

That is computationalism not  "comp".

> comp is just shorter than computationalism.

There is simply no way that could be true because I've heard you say a
billion times "if comp is true then X" where X is something very odd that
in no way follows from computationalism; so the only thing I know for sure
about "comp" is it doesn't mean computationalism.

>> I NEVER said I believe in "comp",
>>

> Stop playing with word. There was no quote around comp.

I always put quotes around "comp"; I may mention the word but as I don't
know what it means I have no way to use it, as a logician you of all people
should know of the use/mention distinction, in was a key element in Godel's
proof.

> you are stuck in the 1p/3p confusion.

For several years now Bruno Marchal has accused John Clark of that, but
John Clark would maintain that there is not a single person on the face of
the earth who is confused by the difference between the first person and
the third person.

  John K Clark