Liz,

Close but not quite correct. It's not a matter of whether the universe is
isotropic or homogeneous that's important, its what its local mass energy
content is that determines whether that locality expands with the Hubble
expansion or not.

If some locality of the universe is isotropic and homogeneous, but contains
significant mass-energy, it will NOT "expand at all scales above atoms" as
you mistakenly suggest....
'
Edgar