On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM, chris peck <chris_peck...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> *>>  and prefer my songs interesting and quirky and catchy and fun (or in
> the case of the Smiths, the opposite of fun)(OK, except for "Poker face"
> :-)*
>

> Yeah I used to furrow my brow a lot and listen to thought provoking gloom
> but these days fun is where its at.  Lady G gets a lot of air time at home
> and Im enjoying Kitty, Daisy and Lewis at the moment with their yummy
> analogue production and retro sensibility. I  give them a plug whenever I
> can.

:-) It depends, sometimes yes... But at other times thought provoking gloom
can be fun, while light, non-gloom fun can seem cheap and pandering. Just
depends on situation. Right now, I don't know if what I'm listening to is
light or gloomy and thought provoking. It has a minimal sort of machine
line, which negates the deep gloom, with small peculiar things happening
punctually. I don't know if its fun, it seems more curious. Thought
provoking? Depends...

It's Robert Henke's ''Ritual'' track on top of his homepage:

http://roberthenke.com/

For those that don't know this guy, his motto is: ''i build machines. then
i step back and watch and listen to what unfolds.'' I prefer his weird
stuff to the club stuff though. PGC