On 6 May 2014 08:22, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> In the US, if I may be so opinionated, would tell Lenny that Mr. Joe.. is
> now US president, even though he hates the other 50% of the country. Those
> people of Joe's hue, like anyone else, can, if one possess a bit of talent,
> and ambition, can do fair for themselves, and I know this, because I used
> to school with

Cohen's point is that a particular group in society is economically
disadvantaged (and far more likely to end up on death row, disgustingly)
due to the country's Imperialist past.

> Whatever economic track you chose, my response to you and Leonard is guilt
> is a very, poor, reason for helping the working poor. It's enough that we
> want

Correct. I don't like "A Christmas Carol" either. The only good way to do
it is to redistribute wealth more fairly, unfortunately that is very hard
to arrange in practice. The Chinese execute corrupt financiers, given the
US's love affair with the medieval death penalty, maybe you will think they
have a good point?

> to help. If you identify Joe as people overseas, then we get in the same
> go-round about pollution lectures about the West, and ignore the Asian
> tiger in the room. Yes, people look for dropped change under a street lamp
> because they can see better.

I have never ignored the Asian tiger. *Everyone* who pollutes and doesn't
pay for the cleanup and other consequences is running the same Ponzi scheme.