On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 06:44:20PM -0400, Stephen Paul King wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
>    Let me rephrase. You wrote: " With COMP, the chance of our
> physical reality appearing in UD* is 1. The only way it could be zero
> is if COMP is false."
>
> ​​
>    I never understood where the measure 1 comes from unless we first take
> the existence of an observer to be completely defined by the UDA. If we
> introduce a finite measure onto the UD, are we not screwing around with the
> usual way of doing statistics? It is not unlike being OK with a very biased
> sample.

By definition, UD* contains all possible experiences for all possible
COMP observers. Therefore, you will find our reality somewhere in UD* with
certainty.

That has nothing to do with measure.

Measure has to do with how likely our observed reality is, when
sampled from the set of all possible observed realities. And that
number is non-zero, simply by virtue that our observed reality is
constrained by a finite number of observations.

You just need to ask the right question...

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders

 Latest project: The Amoeba's Secret
         (http://www.hpcoders.com.au/AmoebasSecret.html)