On 22 Aug 2014, at 00:08, John Mikes wrote:

 On 21 Aug 2014, at 01:45, meekerdb wrote:

...awareness: JM's response to relations. This is very low level, like my thermostat is aware of the temperature because it has a specific response to it in service of a goal.

self-awareness: Having an interior mental model in which self is represented alongside other 3p elements of the model, i.e. my koi know where they are in the pond.

consciousness: Creating a narrative account of events for memory and calling up those memories in developing "responses to relations".

self-consciousness: Reflective awareness of consciousness, i.e. attributing thought and intention to the 3p model of one's self.

Dunno if those are useful, but they seem to me to be a kind of hierarchy of consciousness ...

       So that "SELF" makes all the difference. Any ID for it?
BTW the thermostat is not aware - it responds to the setting relation.

Then there is the overvaluation of the "3p" - our (so-far composed) VIEW in/of our world-view. Your koi 'know' that pond.

I am not sure about "my-self" either: I think I include certain attributes etc. but restricted to those elements (items?) we already have included into our inventory.
(Could Bruno detail a complete inventory of a Loebian machine?)

What do you mean by a complete inventory of a machine? With machine, except for computability, there are basically nothing complete or universal about them. Machines can defeat all complete theories about them.

How do we store recallable memories, to be used in actual brain(function)? (please spare me from the childish protein-etc. alleged conformational codes which have to be recalled first in order to 'save', 'recall' and apply). How do we have any mentality that reflects into the output of our brain(function) (what I call the tool for such)?

Computationalism does not make any special assumption here, beyond the idea that no actual infinities, or magic divine intervention, are at play in the working of the brain/body.

Bruno

John M