On 5 September 2014 12:58, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>
wrote:

> Hi LizR,
>
>    I will repeat my question: What makes us think that the AGI will be
> aware that we exist?

Surely that depends on circumstances? If an AI is created and educated by
people then it will at least be aware that there is something feeding it
input, and it will probably make the same deductions about that something
that we make about other people. If it occurs through some sort of
spontaneous generation, if that's possible, it may not be aware that we
exist. Did you have a particular scenario in mind?