From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2015 5:38 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Why was nobody murdered because of this cartoon?

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015  spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I am uncomfortable with the plaster of "evil" myself,

That is not unusual, most people in liberal western culture are far more
uncomfortable with the word "evil" than they are with the word "fuck", but I
think its appropriate to use both words in certain circumstances.

> since what it means to everyone is too vague.

There is no consensus on the meaning but to each individual the meaning of
"evil" is about as un-vague as words get.

> I would define the Jihadis as aggressive, malign, expansionism.

Don't forget ignorant and stupid!

> Did western nations do this until recently? Hell, yes.

Western colonialists may have been as evil as Islamic Jihadis, well... almost,
but they were not as ignorant and they were not as stupid. Also Western
colonialists had the good manners not to exist during my lifetime. For these
reason they haven't earned as much of my contempt as the Islamic Jihadis have,
but there is no disputing matters of taste so your mileage may vary.

Opinions vary Mr. Clark… I doubt the bombed out survivors in Gaza, Libya, Iraq,
Afghanistan, Lebanon, Syria.. would agree with your sanctimonious hypocritical
and pompous attitude. Have you ever lived through shock and awe.. in real life,
not the remote digitally delivered sound and light show you see on CNN, but the
real live terrifying horrendous fucking thing?

Shut up if you have not, you have no idea what war does to people. Hypocrisy
abounds in those who have never had to experience the end results of the
policies they impose.

-Chris

  John K Clark