On 02 Apr 2015, at 03:12, LizR wrote:

Yes lots of people have said something like that (including me) but the time aspect is addressed in Bruno's argument. (Come to think of it you more or less addressed it yourself by commenting about block universes. A computation can run in a block universe, after all, in the important sense - having different states at different times.)

I think some notion of successor relations is all that's needed, or something like that - I'm sure Bruno will explain.

Russell is right on this, I omit or abstract away from the fact that the audience might think "proof abaout reality", which does not exist. PGC is right too, as not only movie would be able to think, but special relativity would false (by the stroboscope), movie would think all thinking simultaneously, and we might say yes to a doctor putting the movie of a mosquito brain in place of your brain. The problem is that this is logically not refutable, and so we have to be clearer on that. MGA is for people cutting air, and as I said once: the problem is that cutting air is not a boundable activity. as we cannot prove our consistency, the ultimate cutting air person can always say: may be you have just prove that 0 = 1 ...