On 6/12/2015 1:01 PM, John Mikes wrote:
You wrote:

/(Brent):/
/But the existence of a first person viewpoint depends on a stable physics. The two are not separable*.*/
/(Bruno):/
/Exactly, that is why we can derive physics from the "self-referentially correct" machine theory./
/.../
/
/
The entire train of sophistication is based on 'human logic' as derived on
Planet Earth for "us". If I allow contents 'more' and 'so far unaccessed' in the *Entirety*, "our" the sophistication may reduce to a flimsy explanatory ignorance. Including physics,
universal (self-referentially correct) machine, etc.

*/_Theory_/* of Everything is spellable 'h o a x', since 'everything' TOGETHER(?) may be a balanced and inseparable - well - 'Entirety', of which we got glimpses of details only
 and used our extremely sophisticated brains (!) to explain it all to less
sophisticated
believers (scientists?).

One more: there were several questions about a fitting ID of super-intelligence.
I would start with a 'fitting ID' of "intelligence" and then decide if the one we are talking
about is 'super' indeed.
I proposed the Latin origination of 'reading between the lines' (inter-lego)
i.o.w. to
consider more than the plain dictionary definition for concepts spelled out. In
such
respect 'Watson' would be a good example. We do it simpler(?) in our brain.
IFFF?
Considering our 'intelligence' we are still at human levels. The reason, why I
went
with 'consciousness' a step further to consider responses (unidentified nature)
upon
relations (unidentified and  unrestricted) over the entire Entirety.
Most of the discussion on this (and other?) lists restrict both concepts to
humans
(machines).

With agnostically restricted intelligence (consciousness)
JM

On Fri, Ju

That sounds like Darwin's worry when he concluded that we were descended from an ape ancestor that he could not trust his own thought processes because they were also descended from an ape ancestor.

To which someone no doubt replied, "Whose thoughts will you trust if not your own." Samiya has an answer to this, but I think Darwin would have chosen to stick with his own.