On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

​
>> ​>> ​
>> Because John Clark can find no evidence that ​
>> computation *NOT* done in physics exists, ​and INTEL can't find any
>> evidence for it either. The only reason John Clark talks about "
>> physical computation
>> ​"​
>> ​ and not just "computation" is that unlike John Clark  ​
>> Bruno Marchal
>> ​thinks there is a type of computation that isn't physical.
>>

> ​> ​
> Then you have to define a computation *WITHOUT* using the mathematical
> definition of a computation.. which you've not done...

​I never said mathematics couldn't ask questions, another language, the
English language, can ask questions too such as; what is the 423rd prime
larger than 10^100^100? The question is clear as a bell but as far as is
know to answer it matter that obeys the laws of physics is going to be
needed, and perhaps more matter than exists in the entire universe will be
needed. If it's true that only matter can make a calculation and if it's
true that there just isn't enough matter to do so then it's not obvious to
me that it's meaningful to say the 4
23rd prime larger than 10^100^100
​ exists.

But what about Euclid who proved there are an infinite number of primes?
Well, maybe mathematics doesn't get to have the last word on questions like
this, maybe physics does. Or maybe not, I don't know. ​

 John K Clark