On Thu, Oct 8, 2015  Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Of course no one *knows* but it's not just pulled out of the air.  I read
> a paper several years ago
>  that showed that what we generally regard as "classical" randomness, e.g.
> coin flips, dice rolls, ...
>  are really strongly influenced by quantum randomness via the timing of
> nerve impluses.

I don't see how on earth such a paper could exist because if it involved
biological nerves the experiment would
 have to be conducted at body temperature and brownian motion would swamp
any quantum effect you were
looking for, things would be just too damn hot; you need liquid helium
temperatures to separate out classical
randomness from quantum randomness, and nerves don't work at all when they
get that cold.
And if the brain really was  "strongly influenced by quantum randomness"
then there is no way a coherent
thought could form at all with all that noise.

​ > You're talking about parallel processing,

> No I'm not.

Then I don't know what you're talking about.

 John K Clark