On 7/13/2016 6:50 PM, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On 14/07/2016 11:40 am, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On 14/07/2016 11:31 am, John Clark wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2016  Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au>wrote:

    ​ > ​
    Of course, as I said some time ago, the easiest resolution of
    you logical conundrums is that JC ~ H does not survive, and that
    there are three new persons, one in each city, so the
    probability that JC in H will see Sydney is exactly zero.

​Well... if that's what survival means then I don't care if I survive or not, if we use your easy resolution then I died yesterday, but my death doesn't seem to have cramped my style any.

So you were duplicated yesterday? One, quite reasonable, way of regarding our continuing existence from day to day, moment to moment, is that in every instant we die, to be reborn in the next instant. In fact, I am sure that someone else has already made this point (I can't, at the moment, remember who).

I found a relevant quote:
"I think maybe we die every day. Maybe we're born new each dawn, a little changed, a little further on our own road. When enough days stand between you and the person you were, you're strangers. Maybe that's what growing up is. Maybe I have grown up."
    Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire #1)

Or looked at another way:

The person I was when I was 3 years old is dead. He died because
too much new information was added to his brain.
         -- Saibal Mitra