On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au
> wrote:

> > So you were duplicated yesterday? One, quite reasonable, way of
> regarding our continuing existence from day to day, moment to moment, is
> that in every instant we die, to be reborn in the next instant.

Yes, dying yesterday means nothing provided I am reborn today, and dying
today means nothing provided I am reborn tomorrow. And by "reborn" I mean
something comes into existence tomorrow that remembers being me today.

> >> If I know that something tomorrow will remember being John Clark today
>> then I'm content, after all that procedure worked pretty well in
>> conserving what I want conserved during the transition form yesterday
>> to today, so if the same thing happens in the transition from today to
>> tomorrow I should be OK. And if tomorrow more than one thing remembers
>> being John Clark today then that's even better. The more the merrier  .
>

> If you are happy, then fine.

How could anybody not be fine with that? What could me surviving into
tomorrow mean other than at least one thing tomorrow remembers being me
today? If more than one thing remembers then even better.

> But are your dopplegangers equally happy

Good for them, I'm pleased.

> > they no longer exist, after all.....

I don't know what you mean by that. I John Clark here in Washington exist
and have vivid memories of being the Helsinki Man yesterday, but as I
understand it John Clark is also in Moscow also exists and also has vivid
memories of being the Helsinki man just as I do. What that other John Clark
has done in Moscow after he got to that city I have no idea but I wish him
well and I'm sure he feels the same way about me.

 Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire #1):

*"I think maybe we die every day. Maybe we're born new each dawn, a little
> changed, a little further on our own road. When enough days stand between
> you and the person you were, you're strangers. Maybe that's what growing up
> is. Maybe I have grown up."*

I pretty much agree with that.

> Saibal Mitra:

*"The person I was when I was 3 years old is dead. He died because too much
> new information was added to his brain."*

I have a few vague memories when I was 3 but none when I was 2 so in a
sense the 2 year old John Clark is dead, however he never exactly died; I
define dying as having a last thought and the  2 year old John Clark never
have that.

 John K Clark