*Interesting post. TY. I think the argument about whether mathematics or
physics better represents "real" knowledge is fruitless to pursue. I do
know that mathematical theorems, once proved, are set in stone. OTOH,
physical theories evolve over time, and without mathematics the huge
progress we have made would have been impossible. Could we have QM without
mathematical operators and differential equations? ... I don't think String
Theory "insists" on any number of universes. The number you cite below just
represents the possible number of universes in the landscape. If time is
infinite, I agree that all would have, or will be realized. ... I was aware
that overwhelmingly irrational numbers can't be computed and therefore may
not be relevant to physics. But so what? Much of mathematics is relevant,
in fact  necessary. AG*