On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 11:05:17 PM UTC, John Clark wrote:

>> evidence, such as Brent and Bruce, and I assume Lawrence as well, do NOT
>> conclude this implies the future influences the past.
>>

> If you also believe in realism then you must believe you have found a
> flaw in
> ​
> Leggett's reasoning when that Nobel Prize winner came up with his
> inequality. I am all ears!
>

>> ​>
>> Moreover, as I pointed out clearly, there is no need of an observer for
>> something to exist.
>> ​ ​
>>

> ​I agree, but you're not a fan
> of Many Worlds so you shouldn't agree.

I don't see how that follows. Feynman, who wasn't an MWI enthusiast,
clearly argues that no human observer is necessary to perform a quantum
experiment. If the detector is designed for a which-way measurement, the
interference is destroyed. This shows the lack of necessity of a human
observer, a point I've made several times but apparently you didn't read my
comments carefully. AG

>> ​> ​
>> When the Earth-Moon system formed, there were no observers. Do you doubt
>> it happened?
>>

> I don't doubt it happened, but you should. The very heart the Copenhagen
> interpretation is that things do not have definite properties
> ​before​
>  they are measured,

Wrong. You have misinterpreted and over-generalized the results for a class
of quantum experiments and observations which manifest interference
effects, such as the double slit. I've already explained it. Do you know
what a QUANTUM experiment is? Is the Earth-Moon a quantum experiment? If
so, where are the INTERFERENCE effects? AG

> and I don't think there was much measuring going on 4.5 billion years ago.
> But I don't doubt it happened because as a fan of Many Worlds
> all I need is to believe a change, any sort of change, could exist 4.5
> billion years ago. However
>  a believer in Copenhagen needs to believe something called "measurement"
> existed 4.5 billion years ago, and I have considerably more doubt about
> that.

Wrong again. Not an isolated system. Unrelated to double slit results
which, as I CLEARLY explained, is the cause of your MIS-interpretation.
Your claim only applies in a special situation of quantum experiments which
manifest interference effects. Next time you want to make claims about my
position, please read what I have written. No more shooting from the hip.
AG