For two galaxies accelerating away from each other one might in an "in
principle" manner think of a tether connecting these two galaxies. Some
sufficiently capable ET then manages to build this tether continually out
of a magnetic material that passes through coils and the Faraday effect
kicks in. This is not exactly eternal, for eventually these ETs will run
out of resources in their galaxy, but it does seem to suggest dark energy
could be mined.

There is however no "free lunch" per se here.

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/257476/how-did-the-universe-shift-from-dark-matter-dominated-to-dark-energy-dominate/257542#257542

so you can read this without me having to spend the next hour typing this
up again.

This all stems from the Hamiltonian constraint NH = 0 which then has a
kinetic and potential part. The eternal accelerated expansion is then just
a way that ever more negative gravitational potential energy generates ever
more kinetic energy.

LC