So, no need to apply? :)

*Seeking Research Fellows in Type Theory and Machine Self-Reference*

https://intelligence.org/2016/03/18/seeking-research-fellows-in-type-theory-and-machine-self-reference/

The Machine Intelligence Research Institute (MIRI) is accepting
applications for a full-time research fellow* to develop theorem provers
with self-referential capabilities*, beginning by implementing a strongly
typed language within that very language. The goal of this research project
will be to help us understand autonomous systems that can prove theorems
about systems with similar deductive capabilities. Applicants should have
experience programming in functional programming languages, with a
preference for languages with dependent types, such as Agda, Coq, or Lean.

MIRI is a mathematics and computer science research institute specializing
in long-term AI safety and robustness work. Our offices are in Berkeley,
California, near the UC Berkeley campus.

Type Theory in Type Theory

Our goal with this project is to build tools for better modeling reflective
reasoning in software systems, as with our project modeling the HOL4 proof
assistant within itself. There are Gödelian reasons to think that
self-referential reasoning is not possible in full generality. However,
many real-world tasks that cannot be solved in full generality admit of
effective mostly-general or heuristic approaches. Humans, for example,
certainly succeed in trusting their own reasoning in many contexts.

There are a number of tools missing in modern-day theorem provers that
would be helpful for studying self-referential reasoning. First among these
is theorem provers that can construct proofs about software systems that
make use of a very similar theorem prover. To build these tools in a
strongly typed programming language, we need to start by writing programs
and proofs that can make reference to the type of programs and proofs in
the same language.

Type theory in type theory has recently received a fair amount of
attention. James Chapman’s work is pushing in a similar direction to what
we want, as is Matt Brown and Jens Palsberg’s, but these projects don’t yet
give us the tools we need. (F-omega is too weak a logic for our purposes,
and methods like Chapman’s don’t get us self-representations.)

This is intended to be an independent research project, though some
collaborations with other researchers may occur. Our expectation is that
this will be a multi-year project, but it is difficult to predict exactly
how difficult this task is in advance. It may be easier than it looks, or
substantially more difficult.

Depending on how the project goes, researchers interested in continuing to
work with us after this project’s completion may be able to collaborate on
other parts of our research agenda or propose their own additions to our
program.

- pt