> On 23 Apr 2019, at 20:41, 'Cosmin Visan' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On Friday, 19 April 2019 13:27:58 UTC+3, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 18 Apr 2019, at 12:17, 'Cosmin Visan' via Everything List
>> <everyth...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>>  recursion.
>
> That's precisely what self-reference is not. And I specifically point this in
> the book.

You forget the quote. I am not sure what is not self-reference, given that I
have given two definitions (third person self-reference and first person
self-reference, and I have explained the link between (G* proves that they are
equivalent, but that the machine cannot see this, making the first person
rather mysterious, yet necessarily so).

> The universal machine (number, combinator, or physical) knows that they have
> a soul (immaterial, immortal, and responsible for the illusion of the
> physical universe and its lawfulness).
>
>> You cannot simulate self-reference just by playing around with atoms.
>> Self-reference just is.
>
> Not OK. You can simulate the self-reference with atoms, and that enacts the
> experience of the first person, which is distributed on the whole arithmetic,
> and can be shown to be non formalisable, nor even definable.
>
> It seems to me that you just say random things without any logic, probably
> because they sound "profound" to you.

No. It is after 30 years of work, and it has been defended as a PhD thesis in
mathematics/computer science in 1998.

It is normal to not understand if you have not study a bit of mathematical
logic and computer science. It is based on the result of Gödel, Löb, Boolos,
Goldblatt and mainly Solovay. We will have opportunity to come back on this, I
guess. The subject is hot, also, and it shows that we are wrong in theology
since 1500 years in Occident, and 800 years in the Middle-East.

See may Plotinus paper for a transparent purely arithmetical interpretation of
Plotinus in Arithmetic. It has hardly a coincidence, as what I say is in the
head of every universal machine (which we are all, even if mechanism is false).