The argument assumes mathematical realism. It's not much of an assumption,
and it has an intuitive appeal. Do we create properties of numbers or
discover them?  It seems more natural to me that we discover them, but
reasonable people could argue.

Asserting "there are no such things as mathematical objects" is itself an
assumption. The question is, what's the price you pay by making the
assumptions you must make to articulate a theory of everything?