On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:55:48 AM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 6:33 PM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > *A Turing machine is a mathematical entity,*
>

> According to my dictionary a "entity" is an independent thing with
> distinct properties, in this case one of those properties is it can be
> implemented PHYSICALLY, a property that a sequence of squiggles in Lambda
> Calculus does not have.
>
> John K Clark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_machine :

In his 1948 essay, "Intelligent Machinery", Turing wrote that his machine
consisted of:

*... an unlimited memory capacity obtained in the form of an infinite tape
marked out into squares, on each of which a symbol could be printed.*

So where is there a Turing machine with an actual infinite tape?

What building is it in that I can go see it?

@philipthrift.