On 7/20/2019 10:59 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

Le dim. 21 juil. 2019 à 02:34, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>> a écrit :

    Le sam. 20 juil. 2019 à 22:27, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List

        On 7/20/2019 3:16 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
        > Why? You will push on a button. You assume mechanism, so
        you know you
        > will not die, and you know that with mechanism, you cannot
        survive
        > being in two cities and seeing simultaneously the two
        cities, so it is
        > quite natural to ask yourself where you could feel to be
        after the
        > experience.
        >
        > There are no relevant counterfactuals here. Everything is
        simply factual.

        But as JKC endlessly points out, this a confusing based on
        second person
        plural and second person singular being the same word in
        English.  In
        the south, they say "ya'll" for second person plural, and in
        New York
        they say "youse".  I suggest that one of these be used in
        discussing
        duplication thought experiments.

    Even if there is a duplication, the 1pov is still unique in both
    subject, and the question bears on this 1 pov. No need of youse...

    Quentin

    Seems to me the answer to the question where will youse find
    youse-self is "Washington and Moscow."

It can't be because the 1 pov is unique in each subject and is in Washington or Moscow, not in both. The question is on that, not on the duplicated bodies.

The pov gets duplicated with the bodies.