On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 1:10:46 PM UTC+2, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Your problem is methodological. You talk like if you knew the truth, which
> is an handicap when trying to come back to reason in this field (where
> there is a tradition of wishful thinking).

This statement still assumes a truth notion itself, while itself policing
alleged truth claims of others. What amuses me about this discourse of
yours nowadays is to imagine you with responsibility of authority; e.g. in
some university department, organization, or politics:

On the first days there'd be this frenzy to convince the world of its
physicalist bias. All the books would be rewritten in some allegedly
mechanist mode of interpretation until the day that some students raise the
issue of the turing universality of worms and flies, along with the
mechanist status of fridges, alleged to have a much more general, universal
kind of soul larger than that of turing machines, who's universality is
structurally ordained, as if the god of mechanist truth were somehow
insecure. Fridges, according to the new students, elevate themselves with
universality of pure soul instead of structure and demand that the leader
of mechanism cleans more of them instead of enforcing the turing machine
structural fascism.

Then there would be the plant people who would question our ability to eat
vegetables by asking: "By which divine right do you even dare eating
cabbage of pure Robinson arithmeticality?" And all of these discourses and
personal mysticisms would be "rational" in your sense. Your belief that
they are manageable in some ordered scientific sense is innocent in a
charming way. It's refreshing and inspiring for those that need that. PGC