On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 7:39:14 AM UTC-5, Philip Thrift wrote:

> On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 6:31:15 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> On 17 Sep 2019, at 16:04, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> From a pragmatic perspective, I do not see any Everettian MW (theory,
>> math, ideas, formulations, interpretations or whatever they want to call
>> it) in computational quantum mechanics:
>>

>> https://www.simonsfoundation.org/flatiron/center-for-computational-quantum-physics/software
>>
>> If MW were important, it would be there.
>>

>> All computational theory (quantum or not) implies the "Many
>> Computations”.
>>
>> Bruno

I guess. But I was looking at the actual libraries of computational QM
programming repositories, and there is a lot of Monte Carlo for example but
nothing explicitly Many Worlds.

In Sean Carroll's advocacy of Many Worlds:

https://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2015/02/19/the-wrong-objections-to-the-many-worlds-interpretation-of-quantum-mechanics/

The people who object to MWI because of all those unobservable worlds
<http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2012/06/04/does-this-ontological-commitment-make-me-look-fat/>
 aren’t *really* objecting to MWI at all; they just don’t like and/or
understand quantum mechanics. Hilbert space is big, regardless of one’s
personal feelings on the matter.

So in Sean's presentation, if you object to Many Worlds then you don't
like/understand quantum mechanics.

[ But one could start instead with a (quantum) measure space:
https://arxiv.org/abs/1002.0589 ]

*When scientists proceed from the mathematics of any theory to an ontology
of nature, they are being more of a religious guru than a scientific one.*

@philipthrift