On Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 8:23:02 AM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 6:53 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkel...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> >*many MWI enthusiasts claim that many worlds does away with Bell
>> non-locality -- giving a purely local explanation for violations of the
>> Bell inequalities. This, to my mind, was the last gasp of MWI realists*
>>

> MWI realists? How can Many Worlds be Realistic? Realism means things must
> not only exist but exist in one and only one definite state even when they
> are not being observed; so whatever else it may be Many Worlds is *not*
> realistic. And we know for a experimental fact that Bell's inequality is
> violated, therefore simple algebra forces us to conclude that at least
> one of the following things must be wrong, perhaps all 3:
>
> 1) Realism
> 2) Superdeterminism
> 3) Locality
>
> Although I can't prove it's wrong I find it almost impossible to believe
> Superdeterminism is true, but Locality might be.
>
> John K Clark

Many Worlds is *antimaterialist * -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimaterialism - to the core:

There is a quantum chip in a computer that randomly produces a 0 or 1. The
computer is hooked to a small guillotine with an electrical switch hooked
to the computer. Under the blade is an apple. If a 0 is produced ("world"
A) , no signal is sent, but if 1 is produced, then the blade chops the
apple into 2 pieces ("world" B).

How much apple is there in A and B combined?

If enough for two apples, the how did the extra matter come from?
If there is the same amount of matter in A and B combined as A and A alone,
then is the 2 halves of the apple in B lying on the table also one whole
apple too?

@philipthrift