On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 3:10 AM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I watched a little of Sean's talk at Google. It is a very slick
> marketing exercise -- reminded me of a con man, or a snake oil salesman.
> Too slick by half.*

So you haven't read a word of Carroll's book and you even stopped watching
his talk about his book after a few minutes, and you did so not because you
could find anything substantively wrong with the talk but because you just
didn't like his style for some vague reason; but none of that prevents you
from saying with great authority that the book is all wrong and writing
ponderous screeds damning his book to hell.

 John K Clark