On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:16:20 AM UTC-5, Alan Grayson wrote:

> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 11:41:53 AM UTC-6, Philip Thrift wrote:
>>

>> What I call a "ship" above can be done with a *2000-atom molecule* in a
>> double slit experiment (latest news).
>>
>> Now a 2000-atom molecule is not as big as ship, but it should provide
>> what you need to know, If you think about it.
>>
>> @philipthrift
>>

> I just posted the article about this. How does the existence of
> interference for a large molecule demonstrate that a particle can be in
> multiple positions simultaneously? AG

What is your "quantum interpretation" of this:

These hefty molecules (oligotetraphenyl porphyrins enriched with
fluoroalkyl-sulfanyl chains) are sent through a 2-slit screen and land on a
collection array forming a diffraction pattern (just as photons do). How
does the presence of the 2 slits make the interference pattern? What is
interfering with what?

(Sabine Hosssenfelder says a particle - and she would have to say this
molecule - is in two places at once. But she doesn't have a quantum
interpretation. But what would *Vic Stenger* have said? I am partial to
some some sort of path-integral sum-over-histories interpretation*, but it
seems the world is adopting the Many World interpretation today, so it
doesn't matter.)

* Sum Over Histories: Discrete Step Interpretation
   Muhammad Adeel Ajaib
   University of Delaware
   https://arxiv.org/pdf/1403.2017.pdf

Beneath the surface of our world lies a sea where quantal histories are
born and die.

@philipthrift