From: Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com>
To: Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 12, 2019 1:39 pm
Subject: Re: Superposition Misinterpreted

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:16:20 AM UTC-5, Alan Grayson wrote:

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 11:41:53 AM UTC-6, Philip Thrift wrote:

What I call a "ship" above can be done with a 2000-atom molecule in a double
slit experiment (latest news).
Now a 2000-atom molecule is not as big as ship, but it should provide what you
need to know, If you think about it.

@philipthrift

I just posted the article about this. How does the existence of interference
for a large molecule demonstrate that a particle can be in multiple positions
simultaneously? AG

What is your "quantum interpretation" of this:
These hefty molecules (oligotetraphenyl porphyrins enriched with
fluoroalkyl-sulfanyl chains) are sent through a 2-slit screen and land on a
collection array forming a diffraction pattern (just as photons do). How does
the presence of the 2 slits make the interference pattern? What is interfering
with what?
(Sabine Hosssenfelder says a particle - and she would have to say this molecule
- is in two places at once. But she doesn't have a quantum interpretation. But
what would Vic Stenger have said? I am partial to some some sort of
path-integral sum-over-histories interpretation*, but it seems the world is
adopting the Many World interpretation today, so it doesn't matter.)

* Sum Over Histories: Discrete Step Interpretation   Muhammad Adeel Ajaib
University of Delaware   https://arxiv.org/pdf/1403.2017.pdf
Beneath the surface of our world lies a sea where quantal histories are born
and die.

@philipthrift

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/06fd905c-2b14-4b92-90b2-7a814c26fcd4%40googlegroups.com.