On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 1:23:11 PM UTC+11 agrays...@gmail.com
wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 4:33:20 PM UTC-7 Pierz wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 5:50:29 PM UTC+11 agrays...@gmail.com
>> wrote:

>>> This is what I have been saying all along! AG
>>>
>> No it isn't. I agree you have been saying there is only one measurement
>> outcome in each world. However this business about "same other worlds"
>> betrays your lack of comprehension. It's not that MWI "doesn't guarantee"
>> that the the worlds at each trial are the same world. It's that the whole
>> notion of "same other worlds" means nothing in this context and has no
>> bearing on anything. A bit like arguing when we add 1 and 1 twice whether
>> we are guaranteed that the ones we add each time are the "SAME ones" at
>> each addition. If mathematics can't guarantee that then how can we be sure
>> the answer is the same? Basically the only answer to that is "WTF?"

>>> Again, what I have been saying all along! AG
>>>
>> If you get that, then the next bit follows.

>>> Here's where you go astray. AG
>>>

>> So you say! Without justifying yourself in any way. You *seem* to be
>> saying that probability can't describe QM experiments because in each world
>> there is only one outcome and therefore no "ensemble" of outcomes from
>> which a probability can be derived. That is totally wrong-headed. There are
>> two "ensembles": the ensemble of different multiverse branches at each
>> experiment, and the ensemble of each experimenter's prior measurements, and
>> those are enough to derive the appearance of randomness and to justify a
>> probabilistic description despite the objective lack of randomness. If you
>> agree with "what you have been saying all along", then you must agree that
>> every experimenter in every world in an MWI multiverse will see a record of
>> an apparently random sequence of 1s and 0s in the described experiment.
>> Right? And if not why not?
>>

> IMO, since the trials are independent, the other observers are disjoint
> from each other and each records only one measurement. So the only observer
> who sees an ensemble is the observer in THIS world. To get an ensemble of
> outcomes in those other worlds, and hence a probability, you need to appeal
> to a non-existent observer, also called the Bird's Eye observer. AG

Respectfully, you did not answer my question. Do you agree or not that
every experimenter in every branch of the multiverse who records a series
of experiments as described in my scenario will record a *seemingly* random
string of 1s and 0s? If you do, that's really all that's required. Abstract
debates about "ensembles required to get a probability" are moot. If the
world is as described by MWI, the appearance of probability is an outcome,
and probability is the best possible description of how quantum experiments
turn out from any real observer's POV (as opposed to the Bird's Eye
observer). If you disagree that experimenters will get a seemingly random
string of 1s and 0s, then you'll need to explain why you think that.