On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 9:53 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> *> On Twitter and Facebook the boards of directors paid campaign donations
> to members of Congress to pass bills into laws that project these social
> media platforms from being sued.*

Good!  Those laws would have allowed the government to censor corporations,
and would've allowed Big Brother to decree what you could and could not
read or see even in the privacy of your own home.  I'm glad corporations
did all they could to stop that from happening.

> > *The most prominent of these laws is Section 230 of the Communications
> Decency Act of 1996.*

It's astonishing! You actually want the Communications Decency Act back
after the Supreme Court unanimously ruled it was unconstitutional in 1997
because it infringed on freedom of speech. But of course that was before
the Supreme Court was filled up with Trump crypto fascists. You're not
complaining there's too much censorship, you're complaining there's two
little. And if you want censorship, and apparently you do, it can only come
from the government because that is the only entity that has the power to
enforce censorship.

Supreme Court Declares Communications Decency Act Unconstitutional
<https://www.wiley.law/newsletter-59>

*> You should if you get a chance to corroborate my contention. This, one
> is constantly censored by these corporations if they disagree with your
> statements.*

You keep saying that, but you are unable to provide one single example of it
actually happening.

John K Clark      See what's on my new list at   Extropolis
io