I finished this section for my article on consciousness:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jq3uOucSStCPe5TQnUv-8YWvGUW05Enr/view?usp=sharing

It is an important question, because if zombies are not possible, then
consciousness is not optional. Rather, consciousness would be logically
necessary, in any system having the right configuration.

(Whether that configuration is functional/organizational/causal/or physical
is a separate question).

Jason