On Sun, Jul 14, 2024 at 9:35 AM Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I think you miss the difference between UTM, Universal turing machine
> and turing machine...*
>
> *https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/69197/difference-between-turing-machine-and-universal-turing-machine#:~:text=A%20Turing%20machine%20can%20be,input%20and%20generates%20some%20output
> <https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/69197/difference-between-turing-machine-and-universal-turing-machine#:~:text=A%20Turing%20machine%20can%20be,input%20and%20generates%20some%20output>.*

*It says "**A UTM can be compared to a computer. It can take any program
and run it with some input and generates some output", and I agree with
that, PROVIDED that the tape, in addition to containing the program you
wish to run, ALSO contains information about the sort of computer the
program is to be run on, that is to say it defines and specifies the set of
internal states the T**uring Machine** will have. Thus a** UTM can emulate
an Apple, Windows, LINUX, or any other type of digital computer if it is
given the correct set of internal states. And it's important to remember
that the very definition of "a different Turing Machine" is a machine with
a different set of internal states. A Universal Turing Machine has the
ability to turn into any Turing Machine if the information on how to do
that is included in the input tape. *