Hello,

First of all, excuses if this has been addressed in the past, but
looking at the mailing list archives I haven't found a definitive answer
on this issue.

Evolution 1.0.7 (and other versions too) hang when ran on series 2.5.x
of linux kernels (last I tried and gave up was 2.5.24). When accessing
the calendar or replying to a mail message, Evolution hangs completely
and must be killed. I submitted a bug on this for the Ximian people, but
someone told me it's a problem with kernel 2.5. I reported this to the
kernel people and they told me it's an Evolution problem.

So, what's wrong here? Linux kernel development keeps going on,
Evolution development is also on track, however the problem persists.
Does this mean I'll have to stick with kernel 2.4.18 if I want to run
Evolution? Will someday Evolution run on 2.5 kernels?

I would appreciate a comment on this... I'm worried about the future of
Evolution. I need some features of 2.5 kernels, but also need Evolution,
so I'm locked at earth of no one.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.
Sincerely,

   Felipe