On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 09:42, Jerome Lacoste wrote:

> 2.5.x are development kernels, and are not for end users. They should
> not be used for day to day computing except if you don't care much in
> your data.

I know 2.5 are development kernels. I don't have important data and I'm
testing features in-progress like ACPI, ALSA, IDE and ATM. I haven't
found current back-ports of them to 2.4.18-3 (RH patched kernel). Also
by running latest kernel I can help linux people identify and resolve
oopses and kbuild problems, like I have done before. The same applies to
user-space apps being broken by interface changes. I don't consider
myself a kernel hacker, but not an end-user.

> Evolution will or will not run on 2.5 kernels is not the really
> important point here. The point is that evolution will run on 2.6.x
> kernels.

Saying Evolution will run 2.6 seems an ASSERT to me. Are you really
sure? I hope you are right :-)

        Felipe