On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 01:30, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> Given that:
>
> 1. Evolution works fine on kernel 2.2
> 2. Evolution works fine on kernel 2.4
> 3. Evolution does not work fine on kernel 2.5...
>
> Seems pretty obvious to me where the problem is - kernel 2.5, it is the
> only thing that has changed in the equation.
>
> well, unless kernels 2.2 and 2.4 were broken in such a way that made
> Evolution work :-)
> But assuming that was the case, then it could be argued that kernel 2.5
> *is* broken for changing behavior.
>

> Anyways, kernel 2.5 is a development kernel, so you are supposed to
> expect things to not work. We should not have to make sure that
> Evolution works on development kernels.
>

> You are of course free to debug this, I would probably start with
> debugging ORBit since if it really is not a kernel bug, then the bug is
> mostly likely in ORBit.
>
> Jeff

Hello, Jeff...

What scares me all about this is the fact that the kernel people still
go on patching and developing the 2.5 kernel, but the problem is still
there. It seems like if no one cares... I wonder what might have changed
and I would like to help in finding the culprit but to be honest I think
I don't know how... (I'm not neither a kernel hacker nor a evolution
hacker).