On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 10:59, Costin Cozan wrote:
> Maybe "vote" was a wrong choosen word. "Poll" i wanted to say. I was not
> following the democatic consensus...just the basic idea what's going on
> in evolution users minds.
>
> What you say, might be true, but a software is build for consumers. Take
> MS Word..how many features has, and how many have you used? Want that
> Evolution to be in the same situation? What if we find out that less
> that 1% of evolution users really want that (scripting), and from that
> only a 10th will really use it??

The idea was that we (the developers) would also be using the scripting
language to add features to Evolution, so that we didn't have to write
all the features in c (which is a very time consuming process,
especially since we don't have the luxury of a garbage collector), and
so it's not necessarily important that a lot of users will use the
scripting functionality. It's just an added bonus.

This is why we are so against languages such as Perl.

or at least this is my thought... and I think Michael Zucchi is thinking
the same.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast