that's exactly why we should vote. What is the most used ( or
preferred)  scripting language/system for evolution users?
why could not be pluggable...? then you would have to maintain just the
interface....

I am sure the moment it happens, next "day" we have a Evolution::[..] on
CPAN..;)

Aaah, good you reminded me of c# ; .NET is a platform where you can
program or script in any language that supports. why not designing the
same for Evolution?? Like making it the universal email tool? ....

.... but, the dream finish suddenly...:)

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

>On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:04, Costin Cozan wrote:
>

>>You mean that Java like language from Microsoft? Maybe will be known as
>>name, but on Unix/Linux platform hard to guess that is really used by
>>somebody....and thus having experience....
>>

>That will change.

i don't see that, sorry.Just  tell me how i can program c# on my linux
box...

>>And i believe that any
>>incidental user on this platform has the minimum in Perl knowledge.
>>

>I don't, and I know quite a few other Unix hackers who don't know perl
>either. So you'd be wrong with this guess.

then they are not Unix hackers. [To all] Am I right?

>c# at least is OO and easy to learn. Not so with perl.

Just wondering, since when OO is simpler to understand  and perl is
hard? After 10 minutes reading a book of perl, you can already do major
tasks. With OOP, you have to read a whole book ( ore more) just to get
the idea. And yes, i am talking about normal persons using Evolution.

However, i don't advocate Perl or any other preferred language. they all
shoud have I am sure that there are other solutions that go better with
other languages.

And if in final C# will be the choice, then so be it. Hey, we could take
the chance to learn it!! ;)

Cozy