-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kennedy,
Jim
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:03 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Confirmation of read mail

You could image bug it. Put a small image ref in the message, even zero
size it that is a link back to your web server. The image is actually
there. If they open it with html enabled which most folks do you will
get a hit in your web server logs as they pull down the image. If you
want specific date/time for EACH email you would need a different image
for each email you sent out. I would imagine the spammer scum have some
form of automation for this, they do it rather often.

It would not be 100 percent but it would give you a great deal of info
about read rates.

For the record, I consider doing this to be morally reprehensible and an
invasion of a person's basic privacy rights.

Jupitermedia Corp.
Attn: Discussion List Management
475 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016