Inline...

We
> have installed SPs after Outlook 98, which service pack are you
referring
> to?

Doesn't matter. The important part is to have any Exchange 5.5 SP
installed if you installed Outlook after Exchange to get a lot of stuff
straightened out.

> Outlook 98 was installed when we built the server and wasn't been
> recently installed.

Okay. That's a good sign.

> I have found the following cdo.dll files:
>
> C:\winnt\system32  version 5.5.2654.54

That's the active one.

> e:\exchsrvr\q289606  version 5.5.2653.12, this is the drive with the
IS

That's a backup after you applied Q289606.

What you could do now is stop all Exchange services (and make sure to
include all related - like AntiVirus, System Management etc) and
re-register CDO.DLL with "regsvr32.exe CDL.DLL" (from within
c:\winnt\system32) and reboot afterwards.

Also, what version of Outlook do you run on the client? 2000? If so,
what SR/SP? Maybe the Security Update installed? It comes with a newer
version of CDO 1.21 than vanilla OL2k and might have an issue.

<Siegfried />