I have used the scripts for quite a while with no problem other than the
occational recurring corruption (clever client using old recurring meetings
by moving them and having the machine send new messages...) and to quell an
administrative uprising.

I have found that OST's and Calendar Caching have been the only "profile"
problems to contend with.  If you only open the "resource" profile from a
well configured profile:

Make sure that there is NO CALENDAR CACHE on the Calendar options

Make sure that there is NO OST in the Exchange properties.

Only give the clients "Review" rights. (I have 3 people that have "Custom"
Editor rights, that I removed their ability to right directly on the
calendar, however, they can delete and edit if necessary. Everyone knows if
someone who has made a meeting has left the company they can get ahold of
one of these "special" people to take care of any changes that may be
needed).

I have a public folder that holds the "links" to the calendars so no one has
to try to use the "Open other user's folder" to access the calendars. My
clients were trained to use the "Make a Meeting" option to show free/busy or
they know they can go to the "Resource Public Folder" and just click the
link. I also placed the "Availability" form (www.slipstick.com) on that PF
(public folder) and it is pre-populated with all of the resources so they
can just click that and have a one-screen view of all the resources to
peruse. Using the public folder views I placed "resource info" so that the
clients know what is available in the resource room (aka: analog line
present, location, phone number of phone in room, etc...). It took a little
training but the reward is in NOT HAVING TO DEAL WITH IT MYSELF :). It runs
itself.

When you start opening the "resources" in different profiles (not configured
specifically for the resources) they will use the options in that profile.

This problem sounds like a sychronizing problem to me which could be solved
by not having to contend with it. Simply remove the Calendar Cache and OST
options from the ONLY PROFILE that will be used to open it. The resources
are only used on-line and up-to-date and should never need these abilities.

Nikki