I'm interested in hearing some sound arguments on why offline maintenance
should *not* be performed ... I've heard/read quite a few people cringing
about it, but can never back it up.  I've been doing it for years without a
hitch; I think as long as the proper precautions are taken and proper
trending and planning is performed instead of just defragging willy-nilly,
it's a pretty safe thing to do.  I'm interested in hearing the other side,
though ... anyone?
Jon