For 25 users?  How much disk space do you have?  9 GB?

Really...  if there's no absolute need for quotas, bag the idea.

Missy
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Liddil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 9:18 AM
Subject: Unlimited Quotas

I am being asked to justify why I have set quotas for users on our E2K
server
with 25 users.  Things that come to mind are that if we give users
unlimited
stores, we will have to buy more disk space in time.  Also we have a
single
processor server with 512 ram.  So I would make a WAG and say that we
will be
looking at a second processor and more RAM.  I am already looking at
more RAM
since our server is paging quite a bit.  And as we implement archiving
and
journaling this will impact disk space as well as the backup (time,
number of
tapes).  I also realize that allowing unlimited space leads to users
never
managing their e-mail.

So besides these reasons are there any other reasons that I should be
thinking about?  Thanks.

Jim Liddil