-----Original Message-----
From: James Liddil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Friday, July 05, 2002 9:18 AM
Posted To: Microsoft Exchange
Conversation: Unlimited Quotas
Subject: Unlimited Quotas

I am being asked to justify why I have set quotas for users on our E2K
server with 25 users.  Things that come to mind are that if we give
users unlimited stores, we will have to buy more disk space in time.
Also we have a single processor server with 512 ram.  So I would make a
WAG and say that we will be looking at a second processor and more RAM.
I am already looking at more RAM since our server is paging quite a bit.
And as we implement archiving and journaling this will impact disk space
as well as the backup (time, number of tapes).  I also realize that
allowing unlimited space leads to users never managing their e-mail.

So besides these reasons are there any other reasons that I should be
thinking about?  Thanks.

Jim Liddil