Hey isn't that a part of a song in the eighties 'uh oh...here we go....
we're in trouble...'

-----Original Message-----
From: Chinnery Paul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 September 2002 14:12
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: IMC Logging Levels? (take 2)

uh oh...here we go....

Paul Chinnery
Network Administrator
Mem Med Ctr

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Rojas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 9:09 AM
To: Exchange Discussions

Thanks for the responds guys. I can see that no one here either a) actually
read my posts or b) have a difficult time thinking in a rational manner. But
I digress.

The reason, that seemed obvious to me, that I asked the question was to have
a link or something that would have taken about 10 seconds to type that
would have pointed me it the right direction. Maybe this is documented on MS
somewhere, I couldn't find it. I thought to myself...Hey, these guys seem
pretty smart on this list, let me ask them. Boy, if I had only known...wow!

huh? Just as everyone here felt the need here to critique my posts, I too
felt the need to critique Ed. I thought that his reply was arrogant. It was
filled with "I know and you don't" and "I can't be bothered" type of
mentality, which seems to be inappropriate for a list such as this.

To answer the question of why testing would not have given me a complete
answer, well I thought that was a no brainner too, but let me walk you
through my rational.
There is obviously a difference in the logging levels, right? Well, I
assumed that each logging level would expand on the amount of information
logged compared to the previous level...still with me? I also assumed that
there are things that ONLY get logged when certain conditions are met or
only when a certain error occurs. Ok here is where I put it all together. I
said to myself...I don't know what is logged at what levels; I don't want to
waste time logging to much; I don't want to pick a level that might not log
something I may value (again I do not know what is logged at what level).

So silly me thought that asking this list would have been a good idea. Guess
I was wrong. Live and learn.

I was referred to this list by someone who mentioned that the people here
are a great help...he forgot to mention the condescending comments that I
you have to endure to get that help...

Thanks for the "help".

Joe Rojas
(For those who read this far: I know this posts is written in a
condescending tone, but it seems to be the only acceptable tone here.
Sorry.)