Do you have a link to this article?

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chinnery Paul [mailto:paulc@;mmcwm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 10:49 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Comp Time Question

It's funny this question has come up as I was just reading an article in
Network Computing (the web site actually) dealing with comp time.  For me it
was an eye opener.  For example, just because someone is salary does not
mean they are exempt from OT pay.  Another part was that comp time is not a
replacement for overtime pay.  If you are non-exempt, you are stilll due OT
even if your employer gives you comp time.  Of course, before confronting an
employer you should contact the Wage and Hour divison of the Labor
Department to find out for sure whether you are exempt or non-exempt.

Paul Chinnery
Network Administrator
Mem Med Ctr